Thursday, August 22, 2013

Autumn Leaves

Autumn leaves have not begun to fall this year, not just yet. In fact if the rain does not quite or at least slow down we will have a bumper crop of leaves when it is all said and done. Also, the leaves don't fall around here until the Spring when the live oaks loose their leaves as the new ones come on the trees.  Not like in NJ where there is a plethora of those fall beauties! Does one ever forget the memories of raking big piles to play in?? 

How about a newly discovered technique? New to me and one I missed the first time it was posted on SCS. It's called faux barn board and is done with acrylic paint, white glue, and dye re inkers. How easy is that?
 I used just a bit of the barn board on the first page of this layout, in the title!
 I was at a one day crop yesterday, and while I did not get as many pages done in one day as I normally do at a three day crop, I did manage to make paper using that faux board technique, color several images for later card making or layout embellishments.
While working with the limited supplies I had take with I found I did not have brick paper in the shade I needed........ my creativity starts to slow down after several hours of continual coloring/cropping!
So I started  looking to see if I could find any brick in the right shade, a long shot at best. Then I began walking around looking at what others were working on, not really thinking of anything. When I sat down again and looked at my paper, it dawned on me that I could color the paper with ink.

As you can see I used a lot of ink for this layout. First on the background paper, then the leaves, then the "brick" wall. 

1 comment:

Leah said...

Beautiful LO! I love the leaves and that is a really neat technique. Thanks so much for visiting me, I appreciate it so much!